Monday, January 10, 2011

Homeschool Update

Well, we started out September with the intention of homeschooling but my daughter did attend school for about 7 weeks. By Halloween she had enough, and frankly, so did I! The whole school experience has taught our entire family so many things about who we are individually, as a family and of course, our values and beliefs about education.
Our middle son also tried JK but he never did stay on his own. I tried a few days when they had staggered entry and he was comfortable, but when he went back and there was a gazillion kids - okay, I am exaggerating - but 21 4 year olds in one cramped space sharing it with tables, play centers, painting easels, cubbies and so much more! Yes, I was claustrophobic in there...I can't imagine how little children feel in there without their parents! Anyways...he stayed home with me and the littlest of the bunch while we waved goodbye to the oldest every day as she hopped on the bus. I must admit I liked the freedom and relaxation of only having to teach a toddler and preschooler, but we all sure did miss her!

So, here we are...homeschooling again full time and in full force! I used the Christmas break to get our workboxes set up again. Here is a picture on the first day with them already almost finished. The children just whizzed through them!


More on the boxes and new Toddler Trays I will be using with my toddler. He just gets right in there with everyone else to do his work too!

No comments:

Post a Comment